- Working At MacB
- Transitioning Military Candidates
- Employee Benefits
- Search Current Openings
- Submit Application
- Workplace Awards
- Why MacB
- Career Fairs
Amy Grupenhagen, Virginia Tech
What is your title?
Junior Engineer Intern
How did you first learn about MacB?
I met someone who worked at MacB at a friend of the family’s party.
What does a typical day at MacB look like?
There isn’t really a typical work day. The work is so diverse and keeps you on your toes and engaged with the projects that you are working on.
What do you like best about your job?
I really enjoyed developing my skills with AutoCAD Inventor and the feeling of being proud of the work I was able to do after a little help from my colleagues.
Describe MacB in three words.
Impressive, Advanced, Exciting
How did your internship prepare you for your career?
I gained a lot of hands-on experience, trainings on equipment such as 3D Printing and using the Laser Cutter, and practiced calculating tolerance stack-up. I haven’t started my career yet, but I’m sure that once I do, I will be enlightened as to more ways that my internship helped prepare me for that career.
What advice do you have for prospect MacB interns?
Keep an open mind about projects you might be tasked with and don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Finishing my undergraduate education, enjoying my last summer in California before I have a full-time job, and then enjoy working at whatever that full-time job is!
Latest News and Events
- WashingtonExec: MacB Picks up $12M Naval Research Lab Deal
- MacB Develops Next Generation C3 Prototype for Air Operations Centers
- GovConWire: DIA Awards Nine Spots on $500M Science & Tech Mission Support IDIQ
- MacB Employees Participate in 2018 Air Force Marathon
- WashingtonExec: MacB Wins Spot on $28B DOD Information Analysis Center Contract