MacB in the News
John Nelson, Managing Director of Cowen and Company, First Guest Speaker at MacB Leadership Conference in Columbus
MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) hosted a three-day Leadership Conference in Columbus, Ohio from Monday, May 9 through Wednesday, May 11, with 70 MacB Senior Executives, Advisors, Directors and Managers in attendance. Highlighting the 2016 event were presentations by three nationally-recognized and distinguished guest speakers. John P. Nelson, Managing Director and Head of Cowen and Company’s Aerospace, Defense and Industrials Group, kicked off the conference on Monday evening.
Mr. Nelson talked about “How Companies Create Value” by evaluating the defense industry and financial services sector from a Wall Street perspective, and how successful companies grow and thrive in a challenging market. Key messages included having great execution, focusing on the customer and having very strong business development teams at all levels.
Throughout his career, Mr. Nelson has executed more than 100 debt, equity and M&A transactions including those for Accenture, AMS, CACI, Conquest, DigitalNet, Global Technology and Systems (Sotera), Global Defense, GRC, ManTech, North American Rescue, Northstar Aerospace, STG, Tempus Applied Solutions, Vistronix and World Air.
He earned an MBA with Distinction from NYU’s Stern School of Business, and a Master of International Public Policy with Honors from the School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at Johns Hopkins University. Mr. Nelson also has a bachelor’s degree in Management from Gettysburg College. Before business school, he served as a Captain in the U.S. Army.
To learn more about MacB customers, product solutions and advanced engineering services, CLICK HERE.
Lastest News and Events
- ExecutiveBiz: AWS Certifies Enlighten IT Consulting as Cloud Managed Service Provider; Dave Levy Quoted
- Alion Announces Platinum Sponsorship of GTC DC 2018: Bringing Practical Artificial Intelligence Solutions to Government at the Premier GPU Conference
- ExecutiveBiz: Alion to Sponsor GPU Tech Conference; Todd Borkey Quoted
- Enlighten and Alion Experts Presenting New Technologies at Artificial Intelligence Conference
- MacB Wins Spot on $500M HELIOS Contract for the Defense Intelligence Agency