MacB in the News
John Nelson, Managing Director of Cowen and Company, First Guest Speaker at MacB Leadership Conference in Columbus
MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) hosted a three-day Leadership Conference in Columbus, Ohio from Monday, May 9 through Wednesday, May 11, with 70 MacB Senior Executives, Advisors, Directors and Managers in attendance. Highlighting the 2016 event were presentations by three nationally-recognized and distinguished guest speakers. John P. Nelson, Managing Director and Head of Cowen and Company’s Aerospace, Defense and Industrials Group, kicked off the conference on Monday evening.
Mr. Nelson talked about “How Companies Create Value” by evaluating the defense industry and financial services sector from a Wall Street perspective, and how successful companies grow and thrive in a challenging market. Key messages included having great execution, focusing on the customer and having very strong business development teams at all levels.
Throughout his career, Mr. Nelson has executed more than 100 debt, equity and M&A transactions including those for Accenture, AMS, CACI, Conquest, DigitalNet, Global Technology and Systems (Sotera), Global Defense, GRC, ManTech, North American Rescue, Northstar Aerospace, STG, Tempus Applied Solutions, Vistronix and World Air.
He earned an MBA with Distinction from NYU’s Stern School of Business, and a Master of International Public Policy with Honors from the School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS) at Johns Hopkins University. Mr. Nelson also has a bachelor’s degree in Management from Gettysburg College. Before business school, he served as a Captain in the U.S. Army.
To learn more about MacB customers, product solutions and advanced engineering services, CLICK HERE.
Lastest News and Events
- Military Embedded Systems: AFRL taps MacB to conduct & mature research on advanced sensors, EW technologies
- Intelligence Community News: MacB’s Enlighten IT Consulting develops cyber learning engine to detect unknown threats
- WashingtonExec: MacB Awarded Advanced Sensors and Electronic Warfare Task Order for Air Force Research Lab
- MacB Announces Exceptional First-Half Results for 2018
- WashingtonExec: $300M in Contracts for MacB So Far in 2018 Thanks to Big DOD Deals