MacB in the News
MacB Band Performs Classic Rock at 2017 Spookstock Musical Event
On Saturday, October 14, the MacB Band “The Operators” performed a trio of Beatles’ hits at the 2017 Spookstock ‘Battle of the Bands’ musical competition in Northern Virginia. Donations benefit the Spookstock Foundation, which provides support to the families of men and women from U.S. Special Operations Forces (SOF), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and other intelligence communities who have served and died in the line of duty. To date, the foundation has raised more than $20 million.
The band was selected as a finalist to perform at Spookstock for a third year, taking first place in 2014 and second in 2016. This year’s set included a compilation of The Beatles hits including the 1966 song “Paperback Writer,” “Birthday” from The Beatles double album in 1968, and “I Saw Her Standing There,” which appeared on their debut album in 1963.
MacB President and CEO Sid Fuchs, lead guitarist for the band, was joined on stage by employees Greg Yadzinski on rhythm guitar, and Chris Laux on bass. Mr. Yadzinski is the Vice President of MacB’s Commonwealth Technology Division (CTD), and Mr. Laux works as Director for CTD, with offices based in Alexandria, Virginia. Other band members include lead vocalists Darren Durkee and Sunny Trippel, as well as drummer Chris DeChiara.
ZZ Top was the headliner band this year, performing songs they made famous with their blues and guitar-driven sound. ZZ Top has sold more than 50 million albums worldwide, earning 11 gold, seven platinum, and three multi-platinum records. The band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame™ in 2004.
Lastest News and Events
- MacB HR Experts Selected for National Steering Committee and Regional Panel
- The Journal of Electronic Defense (AOC) Magazine: Thinking Through Collaborative Electronic Warfare
- WashingtonExec: EXECUTIVE PERSPECTIVE: Top 5 Things on the Minds of GovCon Execs: Sid Fuchs
- Enlighten Demos Artificial Intelligence Capabilities at DoD AI Industry Day
- Intelligence Community News: MTEQ teams with MacB on DIA HELIOS contract win