MacB in the News
MacB Supports Science & Engineering Fair and West District Science Day in Ohio
For the sixth year in a row, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) supported the Miami Valley Science & Engineering Fair and West District Science Day on March 19, 2016 at Central State University in Wilberforce, Ohio. The company was a Bronze-level corporate sponsor and a Special Awards sponsor at what is considered the largest district science day in the state of Ohio.
More than 400 students from 180 schools (grades 5 through 12) competed for 50 Special Awards, as well as eligibility for a state-level science fair and the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF). In addition to its corporate sponsorship, MacB awarded four Special Awards in the Engineering category for grades 9 through 12. The award included a certificate of recognition and a $100 gift card. MacB employees Dominic Mozel and Denny Kirlin from the Advanced Technology Group (ATG) judged projects and made overall selections.
The winners were: Emmalie Hardacre (Grade 10), Global Impact STEM Academy in Springfield, OH for “Solar Panel Water Heater”; Adya Panchal (Grade 10), Dayton Regional STEM School in Dayton, OH for “Variables in a Generator: 2”; Sanjeev Gunawardenda (Grade 9), Centerville High School in Centerville, OH for “The Effects of Different Heating Methods on Emissions Produced”; and Rachel Kahler (Grade 9), Bellbrook High School in Bellbrook, OH for “Autonomous Vehicle Safety”.
Evaluation criteria were Knowledge Achieved, Use of the Scientific Method/Engineering Process, Clarity of Expression and Originality/Creativity. Special thanks to MacB employees Debbie Scott, Karen Morris and Steve McCarthy for assistance with certificate preparation, the sponsorship process and gift card purchases.
Lastest News and Events
- MacB Awarded Advanced Sensors and Electronic Warfare Task Order for AFRL
- Military Embedded Systems: AFRL taps MacB to conduct & mature research on advanced sensors, EW technologies
- Intelligence Community News: MacB’s Enlighten IT Consulting develops cyber learning engine to detect unknown threats
- WashingtonExec: MacB Awarded Advanced Sensors and Electronic Warfare Task Order for Air Force Research Lab
- MacB Announces Exceptional First-Half Results for 2018