MacB in the News
MacB’s Back-to-School Drive Benefits Dayton Foster Care Program
It’s officially back-to-school time for students and families across the country, and recently MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) played a key role in collecting back-to-school supplies for needy children. Employees recently purchased more than 250 school supplies including backpacks, scientific calculators and other essential items benefiting CHOICES, Inc. – a Foster Care Program that aides children and older youths up to age 18. MacB employees also donated cash for the organization to purchase remaining supplies. The School Supply Drive was organized by members of the Corporate Activities Committee at company headquarters in Dayton.
The Activities Committee has worked behind the scenes for more than 15 years at MacB, organizing fundraisers, gift drives and donations benefitting needy children in foster care, struggling families with healthcare issues related to Epilepsy, and victims of domestic violence in the city of Dayton and surrounding suburbs.
Other fundraising efforts throughout the year include:
- Adopt-a-Family Holiday Gift Collection
- Annual IT Department Holiday Breakfast
- Bake Sales
- General Hygiene Donations
- Popcorn Fridays
- Raffle and Lottery Tickets
- Summer Picnic
- Tastefully Simple Foods and Gifts®
During the holidays, a tree with special ornaments is displayed in the corporate office so employees can purchase gifts and clothing for families in need via the Epilepsy Foundation of Western Ohio. Ornaments are also displayed for children through CHOICES, Inc. In addition, the committee supports the Family Violence Prevention Center of Greene County. MacB Human Resources Director Michelle Stark works closely with all three organizations, overseeing collections and delivery.
“I’m proud to serve as lead for this outstanding committee that began more than 12 years ago before I joined MacB,” said Stark. “The non-profit organizations we support provide critical services for children and families in our area, and I’m personally gratified to have the backing of MacB senior executives so that we can continue to deliver on our promise to lend a helping hand. We all hope that someone would do the same for us when faced with family violence, the foster care system or a healthcare concern.”
Lastest News and Events
- WashingtonExec: MacB Partners with BAE Systems on US Army Intelligence Contract
- MacB HR Experts Selected for National Steering Committee and Regional Panel
- The Journal of Electronic Defense (AOC) Magazine: Thinking Through Collaborative Electronic Warfare
- WashingtonExec: EXECUTIVE PERSPECTIVE: Top 5 Things on the Minds of GovCon Execs: Sid Fuchs
- Enlighten Demos Artificial Intelligence Capabilities at DoD AI Industry Day