MacB Achieves SEI CMMI Level 3 Rating
MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has received the Software Engineering Institute’s (SEI) Capability Maturity Model® Integration (CMMI®) Level 3 rating for Software Engineering at its Information Solutions Division in Dayton, Ohio.
The CMMI is a comprehensive framework for benchmarking industry’s best management and engineering practices. The Level 3 capability and maturity level ratings were determined using SEI’s Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI(SM)) for Class A appraisals. The basis for the appraisal was the CMMI for Software Engineering.
According to MacAulay-Brown President, Charlie Schwegman: “Achieving SEI CMMI Level 3 further supports MacB’s attention to quality and customer satisfaction. This achievement strengthens our overall software development qualifications, supports our ISO 9001 processes, and will enable MacB to bid and perform larger and more complex software development contracts.”
The Software Engineering Institute is a federally funded research and development center sponsored by the U.S. Department of Defense through the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology and Logistics. Its core purpose is to help others make measured improvements in their software engineering capabilities.
The CMMI®standard was developed by a coalition of industry, government and the Software Engineering Institute to objectively assess the full range of an organization’s software and systems engineering, program management and organizational management capabilities. There are five levels of CMMI® maturity, each a layer in the foundation for on-going process improvement, designated by the numbers one through five with five being the highest. Higher maturity levels signify lower risks to successful program execution.
Lastest News and Events
- ExecutiveBiz: AWS Certifies Enlighten IT Consulting as Cloud Managed Service Provider; Dave Levy Quoted
- Alion Announces Platinum Sponsorship of GTC DC 2018: Bringing Practical Artificial Intelligence Solutions to Government at the Premier GPU Conference
- ExecutiveBiz: Alion to Sponsor GPU Tech Conference; Todd Borkey Quoted
- Enlighten and Alion Experts Presenting New Technologies at Artificial Intelligence Conference
- MacB Wins Spot on $500M HELIOS Contract for the Defense Intelligence Agency