MacB Acquires Tera Research and Establishes a New Subsidiary Company
MacAulay-Brown Inc. (MacB), a Dayton-based defense services company, has announced the acquisition Tera Research Inc., an Intelligence company founded in 1988 and based in San Jose, California with field offices in Denver CO, Albuquerque NM, and Vienna, VA. MacB’s President, Charlie Schwegman, stated that Tera has a broad range of engineering and analytical expertise in Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT), Space Control, and Information Operations (IO) and existing contracts with the National Intelligence customers. Acquiring Tera is part of MacB’s long term plan to expand into the Intelligence market by acquiring companies with niche expertise and an established network of customers in the Intelligence community. In January of 2008, MacB established a new wholly-owned subsidiary company – MacB Enterprise Solutions Inc. (MacB-ESI) headquartered in Shrewsbury NJ. MacB-ESI provides a wide range of engineering, logistics, program management, and test support to Army Command/Control Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) customers and programs. They will initially focus on US Army customers in the Ft. Monmouth community, but will expand their business base with other Army customers in Huntsville, AL, Aberdeen, MD, and Ft, Belvoir, VA. The new subsidiary has already been awarded their first major contract – a $14 Million, five year task order contract supporting a U.S. Army global communications program. The addition of Tera and MacB-ESI will greatly expand MacB’s Intelligence and U.S Army customer base and could account for $25-30 Million in new sales. Overall, MacB expects revenues to exceed $175 Million in 2008, a significant increase over 2007 sales of $120M.
Lastest News and Events
- ExecutiveBiz: AWS Certifies Enlighten IT Consulting as Cloud Managed Service Provider; Dave Levy Quoted
- Alion Announces Platinum Sponsorship of GTC DC 2018: Bringing Practical Artificial Intelligence Solutions to Government at the Premier GPU Conference
- ExecutiveBiz: Alion to Sponsor GPU Tech Conference; Todd Borkey Quoted
- Enlighten and Alion Experts Presenting New Technologies at Artificial Intelligence Conference
- MacB Wins Spot on $500M HELIOS Contract for the Defense Intelligence Agency