MacB Awarded Special Operations Command Europe and Special Operations Command Africa Five-Year Task Order Contract
DAYTON, Ohio April 18, 2016 – MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB), a leading National Security company delivering advanced engineering services and product solutions, announced today that it was awarded a task order contract supporting Special Operations Command Europe (SOCEUR) and Special Operations Command Africa (SOCAFRICA). Total contract value is $14 million over five years.
SOCEUR and SOCAFRICA are subordinate commands of U.S. European Command (USEUCOM) and U.S. Africa Command (USAFICOM), respectively. SOCEUR and SOCAFRICA have operational control of Special Operations Forces (SOF) in their geographical areas, and are responsible for force readiness, targeting, executing and assessing and SOF military strategy. They are actively engaged in irregular warfare missions, counterterrorism and overseas operations as part of approved plans from the Secretary of Defense.
MacB will research, analyze and deliver studies and assessments to advance defense system-related scientific and technical information through the application of resources needed to achieve mission requirements. Research and analytical support will contribute to the planning, programming and assessment of SOCEUR and SOCAFRICA to ensure that resources are applied effectively to create the desired outcomes.
The MacB mission systems team will provide the following scope of services:
- Produce country studies of the 52 nations in the USEUCOM Area of Responsibility (AOR), and the 54 nations in the USAFRICOM AOR
- Conduct assessments on topics impacting USEUCOM and USAFRICOM, and develop analysis and reports on special operations initiatives
- Ensure digital data flow between Contiguous United States (CONUS) organizations and special operations elements
- Design and manage websites and data portals
“We are honored to have been selected to support and contribute to this very important mission,” said Fred Norman, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Mission Systems Group (MSG) at MacB. “This win expands MacB into two Theater Special Operations Commands (TSOCs), and showcases our ability to analyze and provide theater technical expertise to meet their unique special operations requirements. This TSOC contract directly compliments our recent USSOCOM Wide Mission Support award, and MacB’s focus to support global SOF requirements. We’re now poised to grow our European footprint, and showcase quality and excellence for our SOCEUR and SOCAFRICA customers.”
ABOUT MACAULAY-BROWN, INC. (MacB)
For more than 36 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving some of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security and Federal agencies rely on our advanced engineering services and product solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. With Corporate Headquarters in Dayton, Ohio and National Capital Headquarters in Vienna, Virginia, our more than 1,500 employees worldwide are dedicated to developing mission-focused and results-oriented solutions that make a difference where and when it matters most. Learn more about MacB at www.macb.com.
Lastest News and Events
- GovCon Wire: Steve Schorer: Alion Science Makes Emerging Tech Push Through MacB Purchase
- Intelligence Community News: Alion to acquire MacB
- Dayton Daily News: Growing Beavercreek defense firm to be sold
- Military Embedded Systems: MacAulay-Brown, Inc. to be acquired by Alion Science and Technology
- MacB to Showcase Wireless Threat Characterization and Data Analytics Capabilities at TechNet Augusta