MacB Offers New IT Asset Management and Discovery Software for Customers
DAYTON, Ohio May 25, 2017 – MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB), a leading National Security company delivering advanced engineering services, cybersecurity and product solutions, announced today that a new Information Technology Asset Management and Network Discovery Tool (ITAM-ND) is available for customers. The software tool, powered by xAssets, Ltd., is browser-based and accessible from any computer network. It was recently introduced at the 2017 Special Operations Forces Industry Conference in Tampa, Florida.
MacB’s IT Asset Management and Network Discovery software tool helps organizations meet critical ISO 19770 Compliance Standards for discovery networks of all sizes, without side effects or deploying agents. The software includes a Configuration Management Database (CMDB), allowing Hardware Inventory, IT Asset Management, Software Asset Management and Software License Compliance within a single browser application. Industry customers also benefit from software configuration options and system scalability that can support more than 100,000 Windows devices and up to one million total assets.
Features and benefits include:
- Fast, low bandwidth and zero impact discovery
- Identifies software security issues
- No required installation on end-user computers
- Reduces Help Desk call resolution times
- Removes unauthorized software installations
- Tracks all IT assets and changes as they occur
Additionally, MacB customers utilizing the software can restrict user groups and functionality based on employee roles, and self-service portals can be configured to allow end-user access. The discovery of a Windows computer is usually complete within four seconds, and users can also take advantage of functionality to manually enter assets, change or add data and make easy changes to forms.
“We are excited to offer new Asset Management and agentless Network Discovery functionality that presents customers with a holistic view of their entire network, and the fastest route to fulfilling software license requirements,” said Fred Norman, Senior Vice President and General Manager for MacB’s Mission Systems Group (MSG). “The discovery engine has been optimized for performance in every possible respect so that network operators, IT experts, software asset managers, end users and others have access to the nuts and bolts layers for a strategic approach to network discovery in small and large complex networks.”
ABOUT MACAULAY-BROWN, INC. (MacB)
For more than 37 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving some of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security and Federal agencies rely on our advanced engineering services, cybersecurity, and product solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. With Corporate Headquarters in Dayton, Ohio and National Capital Headquarters in Vienna, Virginia, our more than 1,500 employees worldwide are dedicated to developing mission-focused and results-oriented solutions that make a difference where and when it matters most. Learn more about MacB at www.macb.com.
Lastest News and Events
- Enlighten IT Consulting Named New Managed Service Partner with AWS
- ExecutiveBiz: AWS Certifies Enlighten IT Consulting as Cloud Managed Service Provider; Dave Levy Quoted
- Alion Announces Platinum Sponsorship of GTC DC 2018: Bringing Practical Artificial Intelligence Solutions to Government at the Premier GPU Conference
- ExecutiveBiz: Alion to Sponsor GPU Tech Conference; Todd Borkey Quoted
- Enlighten and Alion Experts Presenting New Technologies at Artificial Intelligence Conference