MacB Partners on Sensor and Full Motion Video Technologies for Super Bowl 50
DAYTON, Ohio March 7, 2016 – MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB), a leading National Security company delivering advanced engineering services and product solutions, today announced that its Huntsville, Alabama-based operation was part of a team of companies, led by BAE Systems, responsible for developing complex software, sensor and information dashboard technology utilized by emergency responders at Super Bowl 50. MacB performed all of the work at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville.
While more than 100 million people tuned in to watch the NFL match-up between the Denver Broncos and Carolina Panthers on Sunday, February 7, coordinated planning by local, state and federal agencies occurred behind the scenes to include the California National Guard, U.S. Air Force North, Joint Air Component Command Element, the Santa Clara Fire Department, the California Highway Patrol and the North America Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD). MacB’s team of IT specialists assisted in the development and sustainment of critical technologies supporting key elements of overall security and response capabilities during the game.
MacB supported prototyping and experimentation technologies including Full Motion Video (FMV) and Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) sensor capabilities under a program for the U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command Future Warfare Center (USASMDC/FWC). Specific technologies used during the Super Bowl were:
- Eagle Vision and Rover Responsive Exploitation of Space Products for Tactical Use (EVR2EST) – rapid distribution of detailed space-based imagery and radar products generated from satellite ground stations. For example, detailed imagery showed where tailgaters were set up and staging areas for emergency services.
- Geospatial Information Interoperability Exploitation – Portable (GIIEP) – An integrated component including FMV collection and dissemination technology supporting Incident Awareness and Assessment used to analyze a variety of visual and textual data. It enhanced emergency personnel’s ability to respond to a potential disaster with specific compressed imagery, both still and video that could be quickly disseminated.
- Information Sharing Dashboard (ISD) – modern, web-centric capabilities combining situational awareness with mission tracking for Department of Defense organizations, as well as joint interagency and multinational communities at a federal, state and local level.
“We have successfully supported BAE and USASMDC for the last 16 years,” said Patrick Simpson, Vice President for MacB’s Division in Huntsville that directly supports Team Redstone. “I couldn’t be more proud of the vision, concepts, software design and overall support provided by our MacB employees, who have received high praise and outstanding visibility for their efforts behind the curtain at Super Bowl 50.”
ABOUT MACAULAY-BROWN, INC. (MacB)
For more than 36 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving some of the Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security and Federal agencies rely on our advanced engineering services and product solutions to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. With Corporate Headquarters in Dayton, Ohio and National Capital Headquarters in Vienna, Virginia, our more than 1,500 employees worldwide are dedicated to developing mission focused and results-oriented solutions that make a difference where and when it matters most. Learn more about MacB at www.macb.com.
Lastest News and Events
- ExecutiveBiz: AWS Certifies Enlighten IT Consulting as Cloud Managed Service Provider; Dave Levy Quoted
- Alion Announces Platinum Sponsorship of GTC DC 2018: Bringing Practical Artificial Intelligence Solutions to Government at the Premier GPU Conference
- ExecutiveBiz: Alion to Sponsor GPU Tech Conference; Todd Borkey Quoted
- Enlighten and Alion Experts Presenting New Technologies at Artificial Intelligence Conference
- MacB Wins Spot on $500M HELIOS Contract for the Defense Intelligence Agency