MacB Partners to Achieve Software Certification for IT Asset Management Tool
DAYTON, Ohio February 12, 2018 – MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB), a leading National Security company delivering advanced engineering services, cybersecurity and product solutions, announced today that the company and its business partner, xAssets LLC, has achieved Software Certification for the xAssets Client Version 7.x of the Information Technology Asset Management and Network Discovery Tool (ITAM-ND). The software recently passed the comprehensive certification process issued by the Department of the Air Force for both client and server applications. This certification is a culmination of work by MacB and xAssets technical engineers, project managers, and other experts to meet the exacting standards required by the U.S. Air Force to achieve software certification status.
ITAM-ND is now Air Force Network Integration Center (AFNIC) certified, and available on the AF Enterprise Product Library (EPL). The certification means it can run on Department of Defense (DoD) secure networks, thus allowing the tool to address cybersecurity – one of today’s most important software topics. Additionally, it provides an automated means to support 2013 and 2014 Congressional mandates for the DoD to identify and explain the use of software titles, as well as accurately provide an inventory of selected software licenses.
Below are some key highlights about the newly certified software tool:
• Cybersecurity – approved for use on the Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet). The 36-month certification provides full life cycle statistical software package (AM) capabilities, including discovery that can stand alone or complement the System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
• Features – simple to install, fast, and easy to use. It’s also highly configurable, has total hardware and software network discovery (agentless inventory), and an affordable solution for cloud or on-premise implementations.
• HIPAA – meets compliance requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.
• Version 7.x – the most cutting-edge and flexible ITAM/ND product on the market today.
The xAssets ITAM-ND helps organizations meet critical ISO 19770 Compliance Standards for discovery networks of all sizes, without application or DLL conflicts or deploying agents. MacB’s technical team will install, configure, train, tailor and sustain the software. The tool includes a Configuration Management Database (CMDB), allowing Hardware Inventory, IT Asset Management, Software Asset Management and Software License Compliance within a single browser application.
“Through our business agreement with xAssets, we’re excited to offer newly certified Asset Management and agentless Network Discovery functionality to MacB’s DoD and Federal customers, presenting a holistic view of their entire network and the fastest route to fulfilling software license requirements,” said Fred Norman, Senior Vice President and General Manager of MacB’s Mission Systems Group (MSG). “The discovery engine has been optimized for performance in every possible respect so that network operators, IT experts, software asset managers, and end users have access to nuts and bolts layers for a strategic approach to network discovery in small and large complex networks.”
ABOUT MACAULAY-BROWN, INC. (MacB)
Over the past 38 years, MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) has been solving many of our Nation’s most complex National Security challenges. We are committed to delivering critical capabilities in the areas of Intelligence and Analysis, Cybersecurity, Secure Cloud Engineering, Research and Development, Integrated Laboratories and Information Technology to Defense, Intelligence Community, Special Operations Forces, Homeland Security, and Federal agencies to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world. With Corporate Headquarters in Dayton, Ohio and National Capital Headquarters in Vienna, Virginia, our 1,500 employees worldwide are dedicated to developing mission-focused and results-oriented solutions that make a difference where and when it matters most. Learn more about MacB at www.macb.com.
xAssets is focused on developing flexible, affordable and easy to deploy IT asset management and fixed asset solutions. A fast growing company, xAssets has major corporate and government customers worldwide. The company is a member of the International Association of IT Asset Managers (IAITAM) and an SIIA member. xAssets’ products provide full life cycle asset management capabilities, including discovery capabilities that can stand alone or complement System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). In the initial product development, the configuration structure was crested to allow for quick and effective customization where just about “anything is possible” around a customer’s technical requirements. xAssets meets customers’ processes, so they don’t have to change what they do, how they do it or what they want accomplished. For more information, visit www.xassets.com.
Lastest News and Events
- MacB HR Experts Selected for National Steering Committee and Regional Panel
- The Journal of Electronic Defense (AOC) Magazine: Thinking Through Collaborative Electronic Warfare
- WashingtonExec: EXECUTIVE PERSPECTIVE: Top 5 Things on the Minds of GovCon Execs: Sid Fuchs
- Enlighten Demos Artificial Intelligence Capabilities at DoD AI Industry Day
- Intelligence Community News: MTEQ teams with MacB on DIA HELIOS contract win