Naval Aviation Rescue Unit SAR Excellence Award Recognizes MacB CFT
On 15 April 2010, the Commander, Naval Air Forces Search and Rescue (SAR) Model Manager announced that Naval Air Station Fallon Search and Rescue was awarded the Aviation Rescue Unit SAR Excellence Award for C/Y 2009. MacAulay-Brown Inc.’s Contract Field Team of 32 personnel provides around the clock support for the station’s three SH-60F helicopters. SAR Fallon provides coverage of the NAS Fallon Range complex, USMC Mountain Warfare Training Complex and the majority of the Sierra Nevada Mountain range. In addition to Search and Rescue and Medical Evacuation operations, NAS Fallon SAR also participates in wildfire fighting via Bambi Bucket operations in conjunction with the Bureau of Land Management in the State of Nevada.
Additionally, on 12 February 2010, NAS Fallon SAR CFT was awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal for meritorious achievement from November 2008 to February 2010. Their tenacious drive and extraordinary professionalism enabled the flawless execution and completion of 2,749 mishap free flight hours and 1,268 sorties culminating in 53 lives saved.
Lastest News and Events
- GovCon Wire: Steve Schorer: Alion Science Makes Emerging Tech Push Through MacB Purchase
- Intelligence Community News: Alion to acquire MacB
- Dayton Daily News: Growing Beavercreek defense firm to be sold
- Military Embedded Systems: MacAulay-Brown, Inc. to be acquired by Alion Science and Technology
- MacB to Showcase Wireless Threat Characterization and Data Analytics Capabilities at TechNet Augusta